Medical developments today are fast pace. Together with these advancements are the developments of more sophisticated equipments in surgery and especially on ultrasound or sonography. Nowadays, to be an ultrasound technician is the interest of the many. This is due to several factors and one of that is they are paid higher than other medical people like the x-ray technician, surgical technician, and nurses.
The first step to becoming an ultrasound technician is to get a degree on this field. You can also enrol in a 1-year certificate program that is offered in different medical or health sciences schools. After finishing the degree, apply for the exam in the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) to be a registered technician and to have more credentials. Your next step is the look for a job. You must prepare your documents for application like resume, cover letter, and other required documents. And the most awaited part on the application process is the ultrasound technician job interview. This is an essential factor that would determine your fate in acquiring the job or not. You must be prepared for it and must do some thorough research about ultrasound technician job interview. Here are 15 questions during an ultrasound technician job interview that will hopefully guide you on what to search or prepare for.
1) Why is it you desire to help people?
2) What do you want to be changed in your training?
3) Which area are you an expert with, vascular, gynaecology, or abdominal?
4) Do you have plans on taking sonography specialization in the near future or to receive more training?
5) During your internship what was the most challenging scenario that you have experienced with a patient?
6) I believe, you have many rewarding moments during your internship, what was the best rewarding scenario you have experienced?
7) Have you experience in your work before that you have sat for several long hours?
8.) Share to me something that happened in your training.
9) How well did you communicate with the patients when you were still an intern?
10) If there is a case where the sonograph you are operating suddenly breaks, what would you do so that your patient will be calm while informing them of the damage?
These ultrasound technician job interview questions are merely possible questions that would be ask from you. You must be prepared with any questions because the interviewer may ask any ultrasound technician job interview question.